Angie's Pregnancy Blog

Our sweet baby has arrived!

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Yesterday's Doctor's Appointment & Fetal Monitoring...

Well, I was able to talk the doctor out of sending me to the hospital. (((SIGH)))

Got there, they hooked me up to the monitors, and I was contracting - strong, fast, and HARD. The doctor came in after half an hour and asked if I was feeling them. DUH. For the past few weeks. So, he tells me they're going to watch me for awhile longer. Another hour goes by and the contractions show no sign of slowing down. Doc comes back in and says, "Ok. You need to go to the hospital and get a shot." I reply, "No. I don't." I explained to him that this is what my body does. Shots don't help, Mag Sulfate doesn't help. Nothing helps. My body contracts but won't dilate.

I told him that if he checked my cervix, he'd find that I hadn't dilated at all in the past two weeks. I was a fingertip dilated then, and I would be this time, too. He tells me that there's NO way I'm not dilating. The contractions are too fast and too hard and he just KNOWS I'm going to have to go in. He said that if I've dilated just a teeny tiny bit more than the last time, I have to go to the hospital immediately.

So, he checks me. Gets this look on his face, and I asked, "No change, is there?" Nope. Nothing. Not even any additional effacement.

If the contractions get to the point where they send me to my knees, I have to go in to the hospital immediately. DUH. But, I narrowly escaped this time!

Also had my Group B Strep test done. Hopefully that'll come back just fine.

Next Tuesday is an ultrasound, more fetal monitoring, and a tummy & internal check. Should be lots of fun!

There's my exciting update. At least I'm not at the hospital right now! Jace's birthday party is next Saturday, so I just need to make it past then!

I'll keep ya posted!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home