Angie's Pregnancy Blog

Our sweet baby has arrived!

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Another doctor's appointment update....

Get used to seeing these regularly! :)

Had another visit today. Met another one of the doctors and he was very nice. He and Gene hit it off really well, and I think Gene's hoping he's the one who will deliver. (I still want Doctor Wilson from last week's visit, but would be just fine with today's doctor.)

Anywho - I told Gene that he was coming with me today, because if I ended up in the hospital again, I wanted him THERE with me!

We got to the OB's office and they took me back and did the normal stuff - BP, urine sample, weight check. SIGH. I passed the mark that I absolutely did NOT want to pass with this pregnancy. Guess there's nothing I can do about that now except try to keep from putting too much more on!

After that, they took me back and hooked me up to the monitors. I had just eaten a little bit before the appointment, so luckily, Tink was quite mobile today. No need for the shocker this time! (Gene was a bit disappointed. He wanted to see it! Silly man!) They left me on the machines for awhile, and I only contracted a handful of times. I had been so worried, because I'd spent most of the morning contracting! Luckily, they were pretty tame during the fetal monitoring.

After awhile, the doctor came in and said that everything looked great. He could tell that Tink was moving quite a bit, and he commented that the contractions seemed to be doing better than my last session also. He didn't even want to check my cervix! (YIPPEE!!!) He said that I was given the "all-clear" until my appointment next week.

And, that confirms it. From now on, I will be shaving my legs and taking my husband with me to each appointment. I was prepared for *anything* today, and didn't even need to be! I love updates like that!

I'm still on restrictions, and I still need to take it easy, but I'm feeling really good right now. Can't complain about a thing! Maybe I'll get lucky and we'll have an easy few weeks ahead of us! How nice would that be?!

I go back next Tuesday for another tummy check and more fetal monitoring. Then, the week after that, I have an ultrasound, more fetal monitoring, AND a tummy check. That's going to be a heck of an appointment!

I'll keep you posted!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home