Angie's Pregnancy Blog

Our sweet baby has arrived!

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Announcing the arrival of..........

Lucy Madison Vinez.

She made her arrival into the world on Monday, September 18, 2006 at 2:54pm.

We got to the hospital around 6:45am. They hooked me up the the IV right away, and had the pitocin started by 8am. At 9am, they broke my water, and put in my epidural. I then told the nurse it shouldn't be too long at all. Ha, ha, ha!!!! Lucy was determined to prove me wrong!

By noon, Lucy still hadn't dropped, and I was only dilated to a 4. We were going crazy, and talk of a c-section was being tossed around, but I refused to even listen.

At 2pm, I started to feel some pressure. They checked me again, and I was at a 6. By 2:20pm, I couldn't stand the pressure anymore and asked the nurse to come check me again. I was fully dilated and ready to push. Only problem was, a lady in the room down the hall was ALSO fully dilated - and we had the same doctor! LOL! So, the doctor had the anesthesiologist give me a shot to numb me so that I wouldn't feel the need to push while she went and delivered the other baby. I literally had to keep my legs crossed, because all I wanted to do was push that baby out! The doctor made it back into the room by 10 minutes to 3, and Lucy was OUT 4 minutes later! Just a couple of pushes and she came right out. After all that waiting, when she decided she was ready, she was really ready! She was 8lbs 3oz and 21 inches long. She popped out looking JUST like big brother Jace. Same big round head and squished up nose. I love it! Oh, and BOY, does she have hair! No wonder I had heartburn so bad! She's not a fan of bows or barrettes, though, so I'm going to have to work with her on that!

She is just perfect. A nice healthy size for a 2 vessel cord baby, and just as healthy as a horse. She's looking a little yellow, so we need to get her back to the doctor tomorrow to check her bilirubin levels, but she's just as gorgeous as can be.

I'm sure you want to see pictures now, so here you go:









She is just a living doll. The kids all adore her, and the boys are thrilled that she's home with us now.

And, the name.......... Zander is the one that picked it out. He and I were watching the Chronicles of Narnia together one day, and he leaned over, grabbed my belly and said, "Your name is baby Lucy." We didn't even know if it was a girl or not, but I LOVED the way Zander said Lucy so much that I called Gene and told him that if this baby was indeed a girl, we were naming her Lucy. So, there's the story behind the name!

It's good to be home! I feel great, and couldn't ask for a sweeter little addition to our home. I'm sure I'll have tons more pictures to share soon. I've got some birth announcements to get printed!

Thanks for letting me share! And thank you for all the prayers during our pregnancy. God sure does take care of us!

2 Comments:

At 1:22 PM, Blogger Tina said...

Oh Angie, she's just beautiful!!! Congratulations & Welcome sweet baby girl! I love the name story...that is the sweetest thing.

 
At 11:48 PM, Blogger Jen said...

So wonderful! congrats to you all! She's gorgegous!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home