Angie's Pregnancy Blog

Our sweet baby has arrived!

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Today's appointment....

About as exciting as the last one. Only, this time, I didn't have an awful doctor with extremely long fingernails! The doctor I saw today (another woman) was the polar opposite of the doctor from last week. Today's was kind, gentle, had very short fingernails, and even seemed like she genuinely cared about me & Tink.

I got there, and because it was a holiday weekend, they were totally backed up. I waited in the waiting room for almost an hour, and they took me back and hooked me up to the monitors. Tink wasn't moving much at all, and I was contracting like crazy, so they used the stupid shocker thing about 15 - 20 times (I lost count) trying to get Tink to move a bit. She finally did, but then she was moving too much and kept coming off the heartbeat monitor, so they couldn't measure her heart rate very well. Add to that the fact that I was still contracting like crazy, and they left me hooked up for well over an hour. The doctor then checked me, and GUESS WHAT?! Still dilated to a 2! NO PROGRESS. Absolutely nothing at all. And, Tink hasn't even dropped yet. Apparently, she enjoys bouncing around in the amniotic fluid.

I am so bummed. My daddy's 58th birthday would have been tomorrow, and I had been hoping and praying that she would come that day, kind of in honor of him. But, she seems to like it in there too much and has absolutely no plans of coming out any time soon.

SIGH. I hope you all enjoy waiting, because it may be November or December before this kid decides to come.

1 Comments:

At 11:31 PM, Blogger Jen said...

How exciting! Can't wait to hear the details!!
xoxo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home